Last Minecraft Monday I posted about how awesome it was to see Notch not only mention, but darn right support Quake 3 and it’s greatness. Imagine my surprise when checking his twitter feed today to see the one and only David Jaffe having a short convo with the Notch-man! (I’ll link to it, but there’s a big ol’ TMI warning in effect. Let’s just say the next person to respond said “Can’t unsee!”
Since I got the post all situated, here’s some random findings about the games I’ve found out tonight:
- Twisted Metal will apparently have a demo before launch.
- Rated games might be region locked, unranked are not.
- Twister will not be in this TM. Maybe DLC, sayth The Jaffe.
- When you level up online, you unlock new ‘items’. Everything has a pro and a con, and they are sure not to make anything imbalanced so high levels will not innately dominate low levels, etc.
- After 1.8 comes 1.9 and 1.10, not 2.0. (Random factoid I suppose)
- Notch will give his hat away, but promises to buy a new one, hah.
- The demo of patch 1.8 will apparently be quite flat by comparison to how Notch had planned it. It is a temporary work around to allow NPC villages to look good and saves time. (Make that the first proposed thing they need to change before 1.8 goes live for the rest of us!)
- Notch is stressed out about making the deadline and is keeping quite to avoid upsetting fans. He wishes not to make promises that might not materialize in time, and since the press is going to be doing all the hands-on, I can see why he wouldn’t want to bother ‘those’ guys XD
As I originally planned on just making the post about the funny collision of my gaming worlds, I didn’t copy/paste all these tweets before hand so I’d have to do quite a lot of digging and checking to make sure I got the links in the right order, so let’s just trust my findings without factual linkage this once, mmm’kay? All of them were posted before August 24th, in case you *really* want to fact check for an essay or something. Yay random google hits! In that case, good luck on that essay, Mr. Essay Writer From the Future!